Saturday, November 1, 2008

Flattery is the secret to my giant ego!

So, these two young "boys" stopped me and Cher on our walk this evening with a hesitant "excuse me...".
I stopped and looked up, "Uh-huh?"
Bitty more confident, "Can I talk to you?"
Bitty more wary, "About what?"
"Ohh, just like that."

Ahh. Ohhhhhh. TeeHee. This is crackalicious.

Snicker, "Drop it. I'm way older than you boys. Go home!"
A tad surprised and skeptical, "How old?"

THIRTY TWO!!

Hahahaaa. The expression was priceless! Loved it. The other kid with the romeo started guffawing with glee as I walked away. On my turn back, the kid is still hanging around and he stops me again and wants to know if I'm lying! I wish. He couldn't believe it and told him like the proper disapproving matron I am, "You should be hitting on girls in your school!" The kid goes with due umbrage, "I'm not in school, I'm in college!!"

Oops.

TeeHeeeee.
That was nice. Like a second second helping of Custard Apple Sorbet. Satisfying and enormously pleasing!

2 comments:

~nm said...

Taken with a dose of pride, its feels such a wonderful compliment :)

Anonymous said...

Well. 30 is the new 20. Always remember that!

-priti