Sunday, October 19, 2008

Crash! Bump!

Ever walked full speed into a wall of glass? No? Try it some time. It will give you a whole new perspective on what a kaleidoscope looks like without the... scope. Not to mention the lovely bumps it will leave you with to admire and poke and prod at later.

Trust me to get hurt in a mall of all the places. A perfectly SAFE place where the chances of tripping, crashing, speeding etc. are almost zero. The max you can do is probably get whiplash from all the crazy window-shopping. I was merrily spending time in the TGIP looking at this and that, mostly this; which was actually a necklace set to go with the black Sari I planned to wear for P-babes wedding tonight. My feet were protesting a tad by the end of 4 hours I had spent hopping between shops, when I spotted something on a window that I thought would a good excuse to spend my hard earned money on. I'm walking towards the shop door, in my normal speeeedy stride, distracted a little by this boy and child playing next to me and... BANG!

Instead of the door I miscalculated and walked straight the glass wall. 7 mins later I realized that ppl in Noida are asswipes. I am standing there clutching my poor lil head, stunned at how badly it was hurting and NO ONE CAME TO ASK ME IF I WAS OK. Fuckers. Actually one lady did, but by then I was raving mad, so I kicked the glass wall screaming some gibberish that I cannot recall and she skittered away. But not the store owner, not the guard outside the door, or the ppl walking about bothered to find out if I wasn't going to keel over and die of brain hemorrhage.

With tears streaming down from my right eye, I managed to locate a door, hoping it was leading to the Restroom, turned out to be the stairwell... oh well, I sat there and tried to see in my lil pocket mirror what the damage was. A bump the size of a lemon above my right eye, a bump the size of a marble on my cheekbone. Hmmmmmm. Not good. I had a very important wedding to attend to dammit!! The cleaning guy found me whimpering and skittered away as well. What's wrong with humanity!!?? It's officially dead.

I decided to go home and slept with an icepack. This morning I found out that I had bumped my knee as well and it was a lovely shade of purple, and it hurt to walk. So I've been sitting in bed with the icepack around my head and knee for the better part of the day today, just have got to be able to go to the wedding man.

The bumps have reduced drastically, I'm pleased to notice. Maybe a lil makeup will mask the bruising. I can walk around if I don't put too much pressure on my knee, but the true test would be in my heels. *grits teeth*

Better go iron my Sari now!

No comments: