Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Dieter

Should probably have titled this: Adventures in Dogsitting

Dieter won't eat. He ignored the chicken, he ignored the biscuits, he ignored the eggs and cheese and he ignored the chapatis. I'm befuddled cause I have yet to come across a dog that wont eat with gusto at least one of these. He doesn't seem sick, cause he plays about and wants to be petted and let off on the balcony, on his walks he's the same exuberant sort dashing this way and that. I have concluded that he misses his dada and is upset about being away from him. :(

Dr. Ryder and I have been in constant communication over Dieter, talking on the nearly 3-4 times a day and he's befuddled as well. I have asked him to come take the fellow back home on Friday. I think as a test to see if he can stay here, everything seems fine but I'm worried if he won't eat then that will become a huge issue. I asked him if this is how Dieter was in the boarding houses as well, but Dr. R thinks those fellow lie cause they'd say that the dog ate all his food, he loves milk, he's very happy... but now maybe he really wasn't eating his food there either! Bummer.

I do love having this dog in the house. He's no bother at all in the house, makes no fuss of any kinds and is a very sweet and loving chap. I love the way he cocks his head when I call his name, and his soulful eyes look up at me asking to be let out on the balcony, how he scuffs about on the carpet and the wary way he observes Snowie. I love hugging his neck and he'll sort of lean into me, as if telling me to hug harder and sigh a great big sigh. When I'm home and working on the laptop, he'll come every once in a while to check on me. I don't think he knows hide-n-seek but we sorta played that out last night and I think he gets the hang of it cause after a few times he'll come slowly to my hiding place and just peep in to see if I'm really there. I wish I knew or should learn how to handle him better so that our walks are fun for both us. I have asked Dr. R to teach me to handle Dieter before he teaches me art, I really really want to be able to take him on his walk and not make a spectacle of myself with all the guards and car drivers laughing at me.

And, NO I'm not at all thinking of keeping him. I'm going to be very practical about these things and now set ground rules that I absolutely cannot violate. Yip.

No comments: