Saturday, June 14, 2008

Moving Out

We are going to move. YaY!

I have probably never hated a place with such feral passion as much as I hate this office's location. There's no fucking road. Honest. It's a squidgy sewery water-logged hell hole, inhabited by the utter rotting filth of human kind who stare holes in me when I walk by (or bump about by in the cyclerick... OW! my poor bones!) and lasciviously throw out fetid "compliments". If I had a gun I'd have gut-shot 17 asswipes every morning and 26 every evening. *sigh* If wishes were horses...

Anyhoos, Buds and moi spent the better part of today scouting for new locations in Noida. I'm hopeful that by 2 weeks time we'll have something to finalize on and look forward to new and better beginnings. Driving around on the bike is not so much fun as it was when I was in college, majorly cause it majorly messes up your hair. I hate messed up hair. Cannot stand it! GRRR! My head wrapped up in a stole like a terrorist with the eye-slit covered in shades I frankly scared a few fellow bike/scooterwalas when we'd stop at the red lights. Of course men being men, they'd STILL stare trying hard with their "x-ray" vision to see through the stole and shades, the big mens shirt I had on over my kurti... asswipes, the lot of you!

I like Noida though, in comparison to F'Bad. Although nothing can beat Delhi, Delhi rawks totally and completely. Food, shopping, hanging out in GK/Defcol/Khan Mkt/Janpat, movies in Saket, long drives till India Gate... cannot experience that anywhere else. Even though living in CW isn't a bad deal, I like it here too. But I'm ready to move. Ready to explore new beginnings again in a new place. When I think of that it amazes me. How did I become so rootless and nomadic? NOT that I have lived about like a gypsy, in fact I haven't. But I'm no longer worried and anxious about the prospect of moving house, shifting my base as I used to be couple years back. The question doesn't daunt me anymore. I actually look forward to it.

OK, NOT to the whole packing up the house and unpacking it! THAT I do NOT look forward to at all. No siree. Uh-huh.

Every place I have actually wondered about since I was in school I have gotten to be there for a bit and explore it. The school bus would turn right to go to GK and I'd wonder what lay to the left turn; and when I started working, the route turned left! While I was in that office I got an interview call for an office in Mathura Rd. and my Da flipped; TOO FAR! he ranted and raved but I still went for the call. I didn't get the job, but in a few years I was stationed client-side in Mathura Rd. It's didn't seem so far honest. While I was working client-side my colleague used to commute from F'Bad and it used to frighten me. Commuting from another state... wow, how do ppl manage that!!? Another chick used to stay by herself in F'Bad which put me in perpetual awe of her. Living on your own in another state AND commuting to work... double wow. Pretty soon I bought my house in F'Bad, ha! Not just that, in a couple of years I just moved to a rented place in a pretty colony and living by myself. I still cannot get over this change in me.

When the heck did I grow up, man! :P

No comments: