Friday, October 10, 2008

Tooth Begone!

I'm shy of one molar today. So happy! So happy that I want to get rid of the other wisdom tooth as well.

The experience was the least traumatizing of all my dentist appointments of the past. The local anesthesia was a tad painful and took about 7 minutes to achieve complete loss of sensation at the extraction site. The entire extraction took about 3 mins tops!! I was freaking amazed! She was definitely kind and sweet, asking me not to cry when I didn't even know I had tears leaking from my eyes... embarrassing! :P I hadn't sat in the dentists chair in over 10 years methinks, and was noticeably nervous and anxious. She recognised that and tried to put me at ease, talked me through the process, esp. when she was digging around the gums and pulling the bugger out. And what a fat molar he was... I asked for it for posterity's sake. TeeHee. Maybe I'll make a pendant outta the bugger.

The pain hasn't been that bad at all. In fact I can almost say that there has been no pain. Imagine that! I also expected that I wouldn't be able to talk, but I can more than a bitty and in the evening I ate some noodles. The thought of NOT chewing and only slurping was driving me insane! I'm supposed to eat solids/semi-solids tomorrow, but I have no will-power *sigh* !

Next are my giant ass cavities. The dentist thinks I may need to get Root Canal for them. Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. *shudder* And she has asked me to think about braces again. I need to get a full mouth x-ray done first, to see how much work would be required to fix my crookedness. For regular normal looking braces its 20k, the transparent ones are 35k and the invisible ones that are installed in the back of the teeth are for a whopping 75k. I'll have to wear them from 14 months to 2 years and I'll have to give up certain foods and habits while I have them on.

And yes, I did ask her about kissing. It was pretty apparent that no one in her career had presented her with that query cause her expression was comical to say the least. TeeHee!

No comments: